- Morning Service 10:30
Who Is Jesus?
Jesus Christ is the most popular and controversial figure in human history. This homeless teacher from Nazareth, who was only public for 3 short years, divides opinion more than anyone else.
Is Jesus - just a good teacher? - a martyr? - a myth? - a lunatic?
Or is Jesus just an irrelevant figure from history?
Your answer to the question "who is Jesus" is the most important decision you will ever make.
- Jesus claimed that He could take what is wrong with us and make it right (John 10:10)
- Jesus claimed that He could heal the sick (Luke 5:17-26)
- Jesus claimed to be the fulfilment of hundreds of Prophecies (Luke 24:44-49)
- Jesus claimed that His impending death would save us from our sins (Mark 10:45)
- Jesus claimed to be the only way to God (John 14:6)
- Jesus claimed to be God (John 1:1)
Was Jesus Right?
If Jesus is to be trusted, He needs to prove it. He has set the bar very high with these claims. But Jesus made one, greater claim: Jesus claimed that three days after He was crucified, He would rise from the dead! (Mark 10:33-34, Matthew 16:21, Luke 9:22, John 10:18)
If Jesus did not rise from the dead, Jesus cannot forgive sins, cannot lead us to God and cannot be who He claimed to be. "If Christ has not been raised, your faith is useless: you are still in your sins" (1 Corinthians 15:17)
The overwhelming agreement of the Bible, the friends and enemies of Jesus, as well as historians, is that Jesus really did rise from the dead. Not a myth, not a legend, not a fairytale, but He really, literally walked out of that tomb fully alive, having been fully dead.
Who is Jesus? He is everything He claimed to be - God, who can save us from our sins.
Here are some links to investigate the resurrection of Jesus in more detail:
Why not ask when the next Christianity Explored course is? More details here